Pages

Friday, October 23, 2009

When it rains...



This is a card I created for a friend who was feeling down. Top pic is the front and bottom is the interior. I figured I'd make something one of a kind as opposed to a simple purchase. I had half a mind to scan and color digitally. But I realized my was mind set on keeping it a unique individual. My thoughts lapsed back to the huge box of markers I inherited from a co-worker some time ago. Thus, I wielded my weapon of choice after a 5 year divorce. Despite fending off the deadly fumes that secreted from their radiant tips, I found myself deriving enjoyment from the medium. There's a tactile quality to markers that digital (as efficient as it is) is unable to match. Don't get me wrong, I default to the computer for color on many an occasion. Although, there's an inspiration that leaps from the markers and breath a certain "life" into the art. My mind wanders back to the eternal battle between digital painting and traditional painting. But I digress.

It was a blast and a half of a project and I would surely do it again. Regardless of the cost of brain cells!

Todd out!

No comments: